Monday, December 13, 2010

Recovered

My schedule finally caught up with me, as I got knocked on my ass by a case of the flu. It came on suddenly and I didn't think much of it, just a head cold. So when I was asked to cover at NCC, knowing I had to be at Dowling by 3 as well, I said sure. I've done a long day like that many times now. By the end of the day though, I was pretty shot.

When I finally got to bed I had chills, body aches and shivers, but I still got up and opened the gym at 5:30. now one of the few up shots of working at a gym is the array of people that you meet, that includes doctors and nurses. I described by symptoms to a nurse and she told me it was the flu. As soon as I could I promptly got myself right back into bed, and stayed there the remainder of the day.

However, not to be a complete slacker I brought the lap top to bed and did some Pronto work, emailing and some other computer stuff. Also I've been able to get to do some inking, which has been fun. This group of stories have been more on the technical side, which reminds me of my patent days and makes me grateful for that training.  

For the most part though if I wasn't at work I took it easy, and slept as much as I could. Today, I finally feel back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment