Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The slow wrap up

So with every week I am getting closer to the end of the semester at Dowling. Unlike other colleges Dowling is a pretty steady and calm studio, not a lot craziness. When the semester ends, hopefully I will be working through June during a summer session. Overall though, things should be a little quieter for me in the near future. I am looking forward to this.

Lately, as I am sure that the 3 people who read this blog know, I have been feeling very stagnant. I've been finding it difficult to get my goals done and to find the energy to work on the projects I want to do. Right now I can't even find the motivation to clean up my work space or get a Times Round Up done.

I am wondering if this is what the slow burn out looks like, or rather feels like to live through. I do know a change of pace is definitely needed on my part. I am looking forward to the summer with an excitement I haven't had since I was in grade school.

On other positive fronts though, the war anthology is coming along slowly, very slowly, but there is still progress being made. I have come to the conclusion that the deadline is blown and we will not be ready for the Philly conference. Such is life though, there is not much more that I can do other then to keep pushing people and try to create the best possible book that Pronto has put out yet.

In other comic news, I have finally been approached by CAG to work on their second Iconic project. I have been talking to the editor and he should have some pages for me to work on soon. Having seen the artists work, I am excited to ink these pages. It would be a style of pencils that I haven't worked on yet and would be far different then any one's style that we have in Pronto.

Finally, I am still having success in drawing on a regular basis. I've been making consistent efforts to do little sketches from life, caricatures and working from pictures in my sketch book. So at least on this front I feel pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment