Wednesday, August 4, 2010

final stages

I am coming to the end of inking...sort of. I am almost done with these last three pages of this story I am working on. As always I am approaching this systematically. Right now I am taking care of all the little details and anything requiring a straight edge of ellipse guide. 

After that I will do all the figures. I like to use quill and brush when working on the figure, it allows for my varied line weights. Where as for inanimate objects, building and backgrounds I am more apt to use mechanical pens. I got this advice from an inker I met last year at Comic Con, Nelson DeCastro. 

Overall these are the easier pages I have been saving for the end. That way my brain is a little less taxed. 

When these are done there are two more pages that I need to ink for another project, the Pronto Spectacular and then there is the very long overdue page I owe for the Spectacular that I am pencilling. 

On top of this it is time again for another Pronto Monthly Business meeting. So I will be spending a majority of my time tomorrow in the city. I am sure I will be busy, as there is always something that needs to be addressed or my attention is sought on some issue. 

It amazes me how fast the summer has gone, and how little I have gotten done on my list. The time seems to have just passed me by. I have been just as busy, but seemingly have just as little to show for it. 

Who knows...   

No comments:

Post a Comment