Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Coloring, inkning and moving on

So I have completed one Pronto project. 6 pages inked and colored for the next upcoming space anthology. Now that those projects are done, I can move on to finishing up the other space story I have to ink. Which I am looking forward too.

After that, I have 3 pages for another Pronto project. 2 to ink and one very overdue page that need to be drawn, inked and colored.

Aside from that I am subbing regularly, which is always good in term of money. Also I am working a goo schedule at the gym. However, as I just realized the combination of the 2 jobs will be keeping me quite busy until the following Saturday. Its going to be like the regular semester all over again. So much for having downtime in the summer I suppose.

Its becoming more and more aware to me that I am a work-a-holic. How and why I came to this who knows. I suppose it is a mix of how I was raised and the field I've chosen. It is no secret that my dad always loved his work, and I know I've inherited that same passion. On top of that being in the arts field and out of work/looking for work for so long, I have a very hard time turning down any opportunity to make money. It just goes against my DNA.

As always I am in my constant serach for balance and to reach the big picture ideal. Working freelance as an illustrator/inker, part time tech assistant, writing, and selling my own pottery, sculpture, decorative paintings and merchandise out of my own studio. There is also a personal dream of adding food to the equation. (It always pops up when I watch No Reservations.) I suppose I suffer from having to many interests and passions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Bastille Day, player.

Post a Comment