Monday, February 9, 2009

The Con Wrap Up

So I have to say this years Con was different for me then previous. It wasn't so much about geeking out and commerce as it was about networking and learning. It was much more of an educational and business oriented experience. In some ways it really felt more like a seminar then the ComicCon's I've been to in the past.

But that's cool. I might not have had as much fun or seen as much cool stuff, but I came out of it with w wealth of information, several business cards and peopel to email and new understanding of how the business of comics works. More importantly I got some contructive and positive criticism on my DarkHorse submission and a general sense of encouragement and hope by industry professionals.

Now I feel I've been given better guidelines and pointed in the a better direction to getting into the comic book biz and establishing myself further as an illustrator. All in all a good Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment