Thursday, February 26, 2009

My mistress...Creativity

Creativity is a frugal mistress. She really is, sometimes it is an intense affair and sometimes there's the down cycle. You know the down cycle, made famous by She's The One. Well the other night it was off.

Sometimes I have a ton of drive, vision and productivity. I can't be stopped or slowed down. I am firing on all cylinders.

Other times though, I got nothing. I can actually feel it, physically. It's like a soft pressure over my forehead. Just slowing me down and creating a mallaise.

Luckily this never effects me, on the occaision, when money is on the line. Getting paid has a wonderful way of focussing me.

Anyway the real trick is knowing when to power through and when to give up. Last night I gave up and changed gears into doing something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment