Monday, August 24, 2009

What to do now?

Last week I finished 5 more pages for the anthology book. I spent a good amount of time working on it to make sure I got it in so it can be sent as part of a sample to some editors out in San Diego. As some may know a majority of the people I am working with met each other during 2 comic book experience classes. They were run by several editors and artists that work in the comic book industry. Part of the plan of the anthology was to take sample pages out to San Diego to have their teachers look them over and (hopefully) give it some good reviews.

The person who is going out there is leaving is September. So that is why the deadline of the 21st-22nd of August was set.

With these last pages done though, I find myself for the first time since May, with no immediately pending projects. There is the possibility that I might ink some more pages for the anthology but nothing is definite. One thing that is coming soon is that i want to submit some sample pages to CAG, so I can hopefully be a part of their sequel "Iconic" book. Also I know Achilles has some new "Out in Space" stories which I hope to be a part of in the future as well. of course there are the future Pronto projects as well. Our next meeting on Sept 3rd will revolve around that.

But that leaves the question of what to do with myself until then. This week I will be covering some extra shifts at work, which is always good. In terms of my own business though it is a slightly open question. There are things I know I want to get back too, that have been put on the back burner for awhile, which I think I mentioned before. I need to get back to writing for Helium, I haven't done a food blog in a couple of weeks as well, so that needs to be put together soon too. Also I need to buy some stamps and finally put out that second mailing I have been wanting to do all summer.

So as always there is more stuff to do, it is just a question of organizing myself and getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment