Monday, September 28, 2009

Back after a couple of weeks

As the title suggests this is my first blog post after vacation. Though I got back over a week ago, it took about a week to catch up and get back up to speed on what happened while I was away.

It is shocking how much one misses with just one week off.

Most of last week was spent sending emails, trying to get over jet lag, working and getting my new job started.

Last week really began my new position in the gym as Assistant Manager. I picked up a couple of extra shifts, one being the first time I opened the gym at 5:30 am. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, mostly because I was able to ride the wave of jet lag and still go to sleep early.

Also I spent a lot of time preparing for my new job at Dowling in the ceramics studio. The job is exactly what I have been looking for. It is 20 hours a week with an ok rate of pay. It allows me to still keep my presence at the gym, possibly sub at NCC, and still gives me free time to pursue my own goals as an artist, illustrator and comic book inker. I'll be working Wednesday nights, Friday afternoons and Saturdays. Over all a good schedule, it does hamper me taking part in any future weekend activities for the time being, but it is the trade off.

On the comic book front, there will be an upcoming meeting this Thursday. We will be deciding the future of Pronto, what will happen with the anthology and other matter. I am looking forward to new talent being introduced as well. Also the idea for new stories and projects being put forth. A lot of things have to be ironed out and that is what this meeting should be for.

On a final note, I sent out another mailing last week. I am looking forward to getting mailings out on a more frequent basis. Hopefully every 3 months. Now that the Dowling job is in place it feels like a major part of the puzzle has been added. I hope that it will allow me to be freed up monetarily wise, and I can put more money into my business. Now is the time to really sit down and sort out what I want to do and how to got about it. I can really begin to create a system/machine to run my life a bit more smoothly. At least I hope that I will be able too anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment