Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And the inking continues...

In some ways this is turning out to be a good summer. Specifically in the working towards my goal as an inker. Suddenly I went from working on patents and doing one inking test, to finishing a comic and currently working on 5 pages for another book that will be self published with 5 more coming. This is will be very good for my portfolio, since I will have 2 works in print with a range of artists. So in that respect this summer is exciting.

Yesterday I ran errands, did some much needed tasks around the house and worked on some ink studies for the current 5 pages I have for this anthology. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a chance to pencil any pages for my story for my class. Hopefully I will get some time today to put a page or two together for tonight.

My idea for the 5 pages I am working with now is to go very comic noir with them. The idea being to minimize the pencils as much as I can, but also to serve the story as best as possible as well. Luckily, it is a fairly gritty story, so the look should work with it.

Today's plan is simple, to work on some inks and then go to inking class. The same plan I have had on Tuesday for close to a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment