Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What to do, what to do

There is something that happens to me, and in talking to others, I know its a common occurrence, in moments of calm or free time I forget what I wanted to do. Today is such a day. I have most of the day off, not starting work until tonight at 6.

I know there are things that I wanted to do. There are illustrations that I want to get started, pencil corrections I can begin to make, articles and rants to type up, financials to look at and errand to run.

It is a bizarre things because clearly I know the things that I want to do, it is really more of not being able to remember how to get it done. In certain ways writing this blog is very helpful. As I am sure I have said in the past, it helps me focus my thoughts and concentrate on what needs to be done.

So the real trick is getting started. Many things have been squared away and organized, there is still more that can be of course. One could relate this to the student that has to clean their room before writing a term paper, I guess. However, I am going to try a technique I've used in the past, and that is to simply put what i need to do right in front on me, forcing myself to deal with it.

We'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

Dumok's Comics said...

yeah I'm kind of trying to get myself motivated to pencil the next 5 pages of Warmage...I want to, I really do...but I can't seem to get my head to cooperate. Too Many Shinies.

Post a Comment