Thursday, January 28, 2010

my inking strategy

Now that I am in the thick of inking of I am trying a new strategy. Not that there was anything wrong with just inking one page at a time, but perhaps there is a way that could be faster and more psychologically satisfying. So instead I am treating all the pages as one. Focusing in on sections of inking as opposed to panel to panel. So right now I am just filling in the blackest blacks, then I'll work on backgrounds, move on to the figures and finish up with corrections and fine tuning. Whether or not this will work, I am not sure, but it is worth giving it a try.

Once these pages are done, I have another set of pages not only to ink, but also to color. These are vastly different in style from the pages I am working on now. Once those are done, I want to keep the creative work going. I listed my ideas for illustrations so now I'll be more focused in the future.

I've been given some encouragement to draw more from a Pronto colleague actually. Over the weekend, as I mentioned before, I worked on a logo design. I didn't get the gig, but I got several encouraging words from my friend asking why I don't make more illustrations. so with that positivity I want to keep things moving along, and hopefully I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment