Monday, March 30, 2009

An interesting Weekend

So this Saturday I was in Flushing at the Flushing Public Library. I was showing some older sculpture work I have that related to an event that was being hosted there. The event was The Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Institute. It actually went pretty well.

It gave me the opportunity to meet with other artists and seewhat other people are up too. also I helped me realize how hard it is for everyoe these days. Every artist their was struggeling and many were in much more serious situations then I am currently. In a bizarre way though it was gratifying. At least I know it is not me, that I am not the only person that can't seem to find work in these difficult times.

While their I did a lot of networking got the names and emails of a lot of people., That is always cool, and I handed out a lot of cards and talked to a lot of people. I was even fortunate enough to sell a piece to some one. So I would have to say that the event was quite successful for me and I would love to take part in it again.

Aside from that the weekend remained the same. I saw some friends on saturday night and sunday I worked at the gym. Also I made another entry into my food blog which you can check out here: http://journeythroughfood.wordpress.com

Today's plans are pretty simple. I am going through my typical routine tasks and then i hjave to itemize and tally all my reciepts for 2008. Joy it is tax time again. You will be able to re4ad my grumblings if you follow me on twitter (http://www.twitter.com/dsparano) or are friends with me on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment