Friday, March 27, 2009

The Ups and Downs

It seems like there are only two states for me right now when it comes to work. Either I have got nothing going on or suddenly there is and rush of work coming my way. It's sort of like living in Florida i guess. Completely calm one minute, torrential rain storm the next.

Anyway the past 2 days I was pretty much chained to my light box inking away on a patent job. I received the job Monday night and it needed to be turned around by Thursday. i got it back around Thursday 11 pm.

No i just want to clarify that I'm not complaining about the work. Actually I want more of it, I would like to be doing illustration work about 7 to 8 hours every day. I just wish I had a little more time and didn't have to rush. Unfortunately though that is the nature of the beast. So in case anyone was wondering that is where I have been for the last couple of days stuck in my basement.

Plans for the day are simple. They involve a lot of typing and trying to get a couple of articles posted up and one submitted. It is interesting lately, I have to say, I have been seeing more writing positions on craigslist then art ones. Needless to say this is what I have been applying for. Will something break that way, who knows? It is a nice break through from art and illustration however.

No comments:

Post a Comment