Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A lot going on, on all fronts

I have often told people that I need 4 more hours a day. I need a 28 hour day. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. But things seem to be going well professionally, for now.

This week I am catching up on my hours at Dowling, since I lost out last Friday due to the snow day. I am also catching extra hours at the gym since the boos will be away for a long weekend.

On the comics front, the inking and coloring is finished and the pages are being lettered. The overall anthology project is going well and we will have a big meeting this Thursday to discuss future projects and to implement some of the advice we received last Friday from the DC Comics editor Mike Siglain.

Personally the meeting was a good kick in the ass in terms of motivation as well, giving me some realizations. For over a year I haven't been collecting comics due to monetary restraints. He gave me some advice and told me to collect again. Explaining to me that how could he or any editor believe I was really passionate in comics if I wasn't collecting and that I need to be able to hold a conversation about what is current in comics as well as in inking.

It was much needed and welcomed advice. I think the group as whole has done well to listen and reflect on the advice he gave last Friday.

Also once this week is done, I plan on throwing myself back into pursuing my illustration career and promotion. I will begin working on my mailing list again and get cracking on some new illustrations. As well as implementing the advice I received from Mike Siglain. The big thing though is to not, strange as it may sound, let life get in the way of the goals I have for my life.

So anyway, hi ho hi ho back to work I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment