Monday, December 28, 2009

Maintaining the equilibriam

So the holidays are here and with it comes the typical craziness. Last week and this week I had off from Dowling. But as I have been told, nature abhors a vacuum and my time has been quickly filled.

This week I will be working more at the gym, to cover for the boss being away. Also there is plenty of Pronto comics work to be done, as well as new illustrations I want to make. One gift that I got for Christmas this year was a new light box. This will help me out a lot in my illustration career.

As I have learned over time, illustration isn't about art for art sake, it is about art for deadline sake. Being able to make the best image, the fastest and delivering high quality under deadline. In the time which I returned the previous light box to my former freelance boss and now, my ability to turn out illustrations has slowed down.

Granted this is also due to a very busy schedule and my involvement with Pronto, but not having a light box does slow things down as well. So this week, I am sure, will fly by as quickly as all the weeks previously and next week I will be back to work at Dowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment