Monday, June 15, 2009

Everybodies working for the weekend, well I know I did

Well as the title suggested and as I told some friends I spent my weekend working. I opened the gym on Saturday at 7 and stayed till 10.

Then I drove out to Long Island City and had 2 meeting meeting. One was with an artist who I met at Comic Con and have been in contact with for a couple of months. This is the same artist I met with a couple of weekes ago for that large meet up. He has a seperate project he wants me to ink, and will be paying me to do so. This is very exciting and I will be attacking the project hopefully starting tonight.

After that I went to a CAG meeting, which is the Comics Artist Guild. Several topics were discussed and I found out a little more about the group. So this is a new area for me to network and get involved. I like surrounding myself with like minded creators and illustrators, I find it inspires me and motivates me. Also it lets me know that I am not the only one who has this as a life goal.

Finally on Saturday I came home and typed up 3 articles and published them on helium.com. You can read them here:

Thoughts on robotics
http://www.helium.com/items/1481888-robots-machines-terminator-dune-the-matrix-battle-star-galactica-blade-runner

Food: What we live for
http://www.helium.com/items/1481926-food-sex-pleasure-mario-batali-anthony-bourdain

Bruce Lee's one-inch punch: Theory and execution
http://www.helium.com/items/1481952-bruce-lee-one-inch-punch-jeet-kun-do-martial-arts

Sunday was a little quieter...sort of. I opened and closed the gym that day. I did this because I thought it would be easier for me then getting there at noon like I normally do. Sunday was the LI Pride Parade. However, the parking lot was already closed off and so my plan was for not. After work I came home and typed up a beer review. Then went outside and did some yard work.

Finally today looks to be busy with a mox of professional and personal projects. There is yard work to be done, I have to pick up my computer which is finally fixed and I have at least 3 art projects I need to start working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment