Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SVA, today and tomorrow

Last night was my first class in my inking comics course. It was a good class. We showed our work, did a little drawing, reviewed the syllabus, went over the basics of inking and wrapped up the class by looking at comics and seeing the different styles of inking. It looks to be like an actual art class, where we will be doing work and making art in class. I haven't had a drawing class like this in years. Often in the past I would work independently for a class and then have the work reviews.

Even the last class I took at SVA was basically a portfolio review based class. After the portfolio's were reviewed we discussed the business and took notes, which was great, but still there was no drawing in class. So I am excited about this class and can't wait to get immersed in it.

Today is a simple day of me going to work and probably just cooking dinner tonight. I'll probably do some writing and other things at work.

Tomorrow I have a bunch of meetings. The one I am looking forward too the most is the one I am sure I have been discussing here for some time. At the comic con I got a bunch of names and numbers to collaborate with, well tomorrow I get to meet up with some of these people and get to see what's going on. Hopefully this will lead to something, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment