Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last nights class

I started off the day going to Adelphi. I didn't do much but I was able to cut apart some previous pieces I made that I no longer like. I will use the new pieces for upcoming new sculptures.

Other then that the majority of my professional day was my SVA class. We learned several things: First we learned to correct our inkng. The idea by the instructor was to first get us use to ink and then to learn to correct, so we would feel fearless about inking. I think it worked.

The next thing we worked on was learning to tell a story through inking, or rather enhancing the story. Basically the idea was using the inks to direct the eye through the pictures designating the visual hierarchy. Simply put, what you will look at first, second and third.

Overall it was another good class and I am very happy to be taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment